Repurposing Email Newsletter Content
When you repurpose content, you take content written for one purpose and reuse it for a second purpose.
After you have written your e-newsletter article, you can reuse it in several ways, such as:
- An update email to your prospects. If you don’t have your own email newsletter, send the article as an item of interest to key prospects or customers.
- A single blog post. Create a summary of the article and link to the online version.
- A series of blog posts. If your article is too long for a single blog post, break it into smaller bits and create a series of posts.
- A PDF on your Web site. Reprint the article (with permission from the publisher if required) and use it on a landing page on your Web site.
- A news release for the news section of your Web site. Write a summary about the article and link to the completed article or to a PDF.
- A news release distributed through any of the free news release services on the Web. Again link to the final article or to a PDF
- A SlideShare presentation based on the content. You can create a simple PowerPoint slide presentation based on your article’s content and post it to SlideShare
- A post in your social media network. Mention the article in your LinkedIn network updates.
- The basis for a presentation to a professional society or trade association.
If you belong to a local group with monthly meetings, you could offer to speak about the subject in your article.
You could add to the article with real world examples, anecdotes, comments, etc.
- A podcast posted on your Web site. Use a program such as AudioAcrobat